101, 3505 14 St SW
1117 Kensington Rd NW
4118 University Ave NW
8441 Broadcast Ave SW
10634 82 Ave (Whyte Ave) NW
11653 Jasper Avenue
Feedback & Suggestions
Questions, feedback or just want to say hi? Don’t be shy, fill out our inquiry.
Want to be part of the BUSINESS OF HAPPINESS? APPLY TODAY!View Positions
We are in the business of happiness
5 positions available
Do you love YYC Cycle and would like to work with some of the best people around? ...Read More...
Do you love YYC Cycle and would like to work with some of the best people around?
Well, you’re in luck! We have Crew (energy exchange) positions at all three of our studios.
So what does being Crew look like?
We ask that our Crew commit to at least one 4 hour shift per week doing a variety of tasks such as cleaning, chatting with the Bikergang and helping out at the front desk when necessary. For every 4 hour shift, you will receive 2 spin classes onto your account. You are always allowed to pick up more shifts as well.
What would I be doing during my shifts?
As Crew, your main priority is, of course, taking care of the Bikergang. Helping get them set up on bikes, studio tours and giving that warm welcome that makes us unique. Other duties involve doing laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the showers, cleaning the washrooms, and other ‘general cleaning’ duties. It’s a fun atmosphere and definitely a social one at that. Our Crew truly are our family!
What are the expectations of being Crew for YYC Cycle?
We expect that upon application you have a love for Spin! We want to be sure that you love our studio and our vibe before you make a commitment to us, and we make a commitment to you! We ask that all our Crew commit to a minimum six-month period working at least one 4-hour shift/week.
Having a Crew shift should be treated as a regular paying job; Crew are expected to show up on time each week for their shift. If you can’t come in for some reason (illness, out of town) then it’s your responsibility to have it covered and to let your Manager know. Crew are always willing to swap and help you out when you’re in a bind.
Sound fun? Let’s get that application in!
Email all resumes to Morgan Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Key LeaderApply
Job Summary: ...Read More...
We are Not in The Business of Spin Classes…
The Part-Time (3x/week) Key Leader position at YYC Cycle provides a unique opportunity to take on a leadership role in our company, aligning with our company values and morals. Put your problem-solving, communication and multi-tasking skills to use, while providing guidance and support for your Crew, Motivator and fellow Key Leading teams. The Key Leading position allows you to exercise your leadership skills by being the “supervisor on shift”. Our Key Leaders are trusted upon to open/close the studio, keep our team running efficiently and effectively and maintain that our classes run on time. Your warm and inclusive personality allow each of our Bikergang (clientele) to feel welcome as soon as they walk through our doors. You are the “magic behind the curtains!”
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Open and close the studio on time, ensuring that our classes run optimally and in accordance with the schedule
- Supervise and manage our Crew (volunteer staff), ensuring that everyone is working as a team to complete tasks
- Report to Studio Leads and management with day to day shift duties, including the following:
- Checking in Bikergang
- Maintaining Studio Cleanliness standards
- Maintaining Studio maintenance, including bikes
- Maintaining inventory stocking standards
- Solve Bikergang account issues efficiently
- Review and balance cashouts at the end of the shift
- Complete Mindbody transactions
- Ensure that all studio equipment and systems are running efficiently
- Complete all iAuditor reports to maintain optimal cleanliness and maintenance standards
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be First Aid/CPR certified
- Must have spun at the studio/have a previous understanding of our culture
- Must be able to problem solve
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to communicate with team members and management
- Must be available to work weekdays/ nights and weekends
We're looking for passionate Bikergang who want to take the next big leap into becoming Motivators at YYC CYCLE! ...Read More...
ARE YOU THE NEXT YYC CYCLE MOTIVATOR?
We're looking for passionate Bikergang who want to take the next big leap into becoming Motivators at YYC CYCLE!
Here's how it works:
We will be accepting 60 second video applications until June 14th, 2021. Using YouTube or Vimeo, prepare your video application and send the video link with subject Motivator Tryout Video Submission to email@example.com You can make your video private but please provide us with the password if required.
All videos will remain confidential.
Your short video should include the following:
- Introduce yourself and what you do day to day. Tell us a little more about you!
- Tell us what motivates you and lights you up.
- Tell us why you feel like you would be a great Motivator at YYC CYCLE.
- Don’t be afraid to get a little creative!
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Have a love and passion for motivating others.
- Be available to teach at all studios: Marda Loop, University District, Kensington and our upcoming West Springs location (estimated September 2021 open).
- Be available two evenings/week (TBD) for training (starting July 12th through September 12th, 2021) if you are selected for tryouts and invited to our next training group.
Alright, and then what?
After the application deadline on June 14th, we will be reviewing all applications and selecting candidates to come in for a tryout. If you are selected for tryouts, you will receive an email by June 18th, 2021 with all the information you need to come prepared for your tryout! Tryouts will be scheduled for June 25th, 26th, and 27th.
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGERApply
Senior Marketing Manager
Since 2014, YYC & YEG CYCLE exists to create a safe and inclusive fitness experience for every body. We pride ourselves in providing more than just a spin class, but a place to connect, grow, and empower. Over the last eight years, we’ve donated more than $850,000.00 to local community charities and organizations with the help of our Bikergang (riders) to make an impact on as many people as we can.
We are currently seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to join our leadership team. They will lead a team of content coordinators and social media interns and contribute to the overall company growth and profitability by managing the company's marketing and communications strategies. The ultimate goal for this team is to generate awareness, interest, and leads.
The Senior Marketing Manager will contribute to the overall company growth and profitability by expertly and efficiently managing the company's Marketing and Communications strategies. The Senior Marketing Manager will effectively grow the existing Marketing and Communications teams to cultivate an aligned strategy within all of YYC and YEG CYCLE studios that speak to the vision of our Company, our Culture, and our Community.
This person leads with integrity, is a role model, and is responsible for the success and health of the studios in their designated region. Other responsibilities include:
This person will spend their days leading their team of content coordinators and social media interns in each city, crafting strategic marketing campaigns for current and future YYC/YEG CYCLE Studios and Brand. Primarily focused on digital strategies, they will be coming up with creative strategies, messaging, overseeing design, social media, video production, and digital advertising campaigns - all with the objective to drive brand awareness, and generate qualified leads in the form of new riders to our studios.
Collectively with their team, the Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading, mentoring, and collaborating with an existing Marketing and Communications team in both Calgary and Edmonton.
- Developing, managing, and executing an annual marketing plan to support long and short-term goals for current and future YYC/YEG CYCLE studios.
- Overseeing all branding, advertising, and promotional campaigns (online and offline).
- Monitoring, evaluating, and optimizing digital marketing performance (paid and organic).
- Managing and maintaining our internal websites.
- Executing a robust content strategy including e-newsletters, social media, and video.
- Building a sustainable rider-acquisition program that generates over 50 new riders per studio per week.
- Stays up-to-date with the latest and emerging marketing trends and technologies.
The ultimate goal for this department is to generate awareness, interest, desire, and action from our target demographic riders to continue building our Bikerang. This is B2C marketing at it’s finest, and you’ll be given the resources necessary to execute on high expectations (ie. budget and people).
Required Experience & Skills
This person should have marketing passion above all else. They are the person who pays attention to marketing and advertisements and thinks aloud to themselves, what was the strategy here? They see an Instagram ad, and wonder, how would I change this creative? They have experience in crafting digital marketing campaigns and effectively leading a team on the collaborative execution of them.
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing, communications or a related field.
- 3+ years of work experience in digital marketing, content creation and developing marketing strategies.
- Previous leadership experience is a major asset.
- Expertise in all social media channels including Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Google Ads, Facebook Ads, conversion tracking and analytics.
- Strong background in developing marketing strategies (targeting, audience building, remarketing, tracking and analytics).
- A diverse skill set, including graphic design, web development and video editing is an asset.
As you can see from above, a diverse skill set is considered a huge asset, including graphic design, content creation, web development, and video editing. Ideally, you understand the use of effective marketing language and design, digital and traditional marketing, acquisition funnels, drip campaigns, and a strong sense of effective call-to-action marketing. Consumer and behavioural psychology is something that interests you, and you’re always looking for ways to optimize… well, EVERYTHING!
In terms of education, we are looking for someone with a University Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications (or similar). If you lack the degree, make sure you tell us how you’re committing yourself to lifelong learning. Rather than know you’ve attended (and passed) a bunch of classes, we want to know if you are passionate about self-development, both personally and professionally. We are looking for someone who pushes past the status quo and creates their own path in life.
In terms of experience, we are looking for someone with 3+ years of Marketing Experience in a leadership (or similar) role. Someone who has effectively led a Marketing and Communications team or has demonstrated the skills and ability to take the next step into leading their own team in this field.
This person should have passion above all else. They are a person who wants to grow their career, not just find a job.
How to Apply
At YYC & YEG CYCLE, we believe that most job requirements and conceptual knowledge are easily trainable. But you can’t teach drive, ambition, or passion. After all, we're in the business of passion! Our hiring managers consider alignment with our core values and passion for our company culture to be as valuable as experience and education.
After reading this job description, we want you to ask yourself:
Am I the exact right person for this role?
Do I align with YYC & YEG CYCLE’s core values and culture?
If you’ve answered yes to both questions, we want to hear from you! Here are 4 easy steps that will help us get to know you better.
Here are 3 easy steps that will help us get to know you better.
- Ensure your professional cover letter/resume is up-to-date and highlights key points and examples of what we are looking for.
- Create an engaging video introduction for us to get to know you and your passion for joining our team (maximum 3 minutes). If you do not include a video introduction, you will not be considered for this role.
- Apply by emailing the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be open until January 28th, 2022.
All successful candidates will be contacted via email to discuss the next steps. We appreciate all applications and wish you all the best of luck!
- Leading, mentoring, and collaborating with an existing Marketing and Communications team in both Calgary and Edmonton.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNApply
Do you have a true passion for social media, writing, content creation, researching, and data-based digital strategy? Are you self-driven, hard-working and able to manage multiple projects with ease, and eager to learn about social media within the fitness community? ...Read More...
S O C I A L M E D I A I N T E R N
Do you have a true passion for social media, writing, content creation, researching, and data-based digital strategy? Are you self-driven, hard-working and able to manage multiple projects with ease, and eager to learn about social media within the fitness community?
Who are we?
YYC Cycle Spin Studio offers an innovative, dynamic, community-based form of group exercise that challenges the standard of indoor cycling. Our team of Motivators and front-of-house Crew help foster an inclusive, energetic and positive environment that feels like a second home to anyone who comes through the doors. Our mission is to create a safe and inclusive fitness experience for every body.
YYC Cycle is looking for a Social Media Intern to work alongside the Head of Marketing and Design to assist with creating, posting and maintaining brand consistency amongst social media platforms. The ideal applicant will possess strong communication skills, a passion for engaging with an audience and an understanding of various social channels. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to YEG Cycle social channels, monitoring and engaging in community management, performing social media audits. Those looking to gain valuable social media experience with an established fitness organization are encouraged to apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES + COMMITMENT - 8 to 10 HOURS / WEEK
3 hr - Monitor engagement on all social platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, Pinterest, Facebook & LinkedIn
2-3 hr - Assist in weekly photoshoots and capture monthly on-site events
1.5 hr - Attend weekly company Creative Meetings and 1on1 Meetings
1 hr - Build and create stories on a weekly basis basis/Support with creative copywriting
1 hr - Develop weekly analytics report of our social media channels
1 hr - Ideate campaigns + contributing ideas based on research
ARE YOU . . .
> A strategic and creative thinker.
> Willing and able to commit to a minimum of 2 in studio touch-points throughout the week.
> Available to attend a weekly Creative meeting for the duration of an hour.
> Dedicated to absorbing health and wellness industry material, news, blogs, articles, etc.
> Polished, professional, mature, committed, fearless, flexible, and socially engaged.
> A strong, nimble and quality-oriented writer, who can vary his/her style and write engaging copy and post headlines.
> Able to take criticism and changes in direction with poise and maturity
> Able to work independently, but know to communicate and check-in regularly.
> Self-sufficient and able to solve problems with minimal direction.
> Able to speak up if they see a question or problem.
> Eager to learn all social media and digital technology.
> Time flexible and able to occasionally cover social events on evenings and weekend.
OUR CANDIDATE MUST . . .
> Be currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school majoring in business, marketing, communication or a related field.
> Possess a keen interest in and passion for Social Media, Fitness, Photography and/or Videography and Digital Marketing.
> Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
> Be a proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities efficiently.
> Possess the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
College/University practicum credit
Unlimited complimentary spin classes
Mentorship from leaders in social media marketing
Mentorship in design and creative
An awesome and collaborative work environment
The ability to accommodate a flexible schedule
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter (a must) with your resume to Andrew Obrecht at email@example.com. Only relevant candidates will receive a response. Thank you!