One day into the 2020 ride challenge and only 19 rides left until you can get a limited GOLD WATER BOTTLE and can enter to WIN A YEAR OF UNLIMITED SPIN! Do we even dare mention that it means there's only 9 more rides until you get 20% off merchandise for the duration of your 10th visit?! This challenge has it all!
Rewards like these don't come without putting in the work! We know 20 rides in 30 days may seem daunting, but with a few healthy habits to keep you motivated and energized you are going to blast through this challenge straight through to the WIN !!
1. Book all your workouts for the next week at once - Committing to your workouts before the beginning of the week will help you stay consistent as well as plan out how many workouts you want to do over the next 7 days.
2. Lay your fitness clothing out the night before - If getting up early or hitting up the studios right after work is hard, having your clothes right there and ready to go is just one more excuse you don't have to stop you from living your best life!
3. Add your spin classes to your calendar through the YYC Cycle or MINDBODY app - When you book your class and app prompts you to add the class to your calendar, hit that button! Your phone will not only remind you you have a workout (nobody wants to late cancel!) but it may also tell you how long it will take you to drive to the studio....not creepy at all Siri.
4. Drink water before, during and after class - Drinking water will not only help you feel more energized during your workout but also helps your sore muscles recovering after jogging, racing and climbing their legs off, literally!!
5. Look at yourself in the mirror and say 'I've got this!' - Whether it's your mirror at home, the ones at the studios or even the little one in your car's visor, a little self-confidence boost goes a long way!
6. STRETCH - At the end of class, we do just the minimum recommended amount of stretching. Take a foam roller after class and give your body a little extra love and if you don't have time after class, make time do some stretches before bed. It will make all the difference in how you feel the next day!
7. Give yourself a pat on the back - Or celebrate yourself in someway! You've just spun for 50 minutes, that's no minor accomplishment!
8. Keep note of what you want to work on - Keep notes about your workouts?! Heck yes! Think about it as a mini-challenge all to yourself, if you write down your goals to work on turning up the resistance during climbs or using heavier weights, chances are you'll stick to them in your next class!
9. Keep your 2020 challenge card where you won't forget it - The ride isn't all about the challenge, it's just a part of the motivation that got you here! But getting a stamp on that card after you've put in the work feels so good! To avoid forgetting to bring your card to class and missing out on a potential stamp keep it in a gym bag you always bring or in a spot where it won't be left behind.
10. Share your 2020 ride challenge pics with us! - Posting about your 2020 challenge rides online can help keep you accountable and motivated to keep coming back! Plus you better bet we will be there to cheer you on online as well as in the studios!
Remember that you can save 10% on Unlimited Class Passes until 11:59PM tonight, January 15th! Go! go go!