101, 3505 14 St SW
1117 Kensington Rd NW
4118 University Ave NW
8441 Broadcast Ave SW
10634 82 Ave (Whyte Ave) NW
11653 Jasper Avenue
Feedback & Suggestions
Questions, feedback or just want to say hi? Don’t be shy, fill out our inquiry.
Want to be part of the BUSINESS OF HAPPINESS? APPLY TODAY!View Positions
We are in the business of happiness
4 positions available
Do you love YYC Cycle and would like to work with some of the best people around? ...Read More...
Do you love YYC Cycle and would like to work with some of the best people around?
Well, you’re in luck! We have Crew (energy exchange) positions at all three of our studios.
So what does being Crew look like?
We ask that our Crew commit to at least one 4 hour shift per week doing a variety of tasks such as cleaning, chatting with the Bikergang and helping out at the front desk when necessary. For every 4 hour shift, you will receive 2 spin classes onto your account. You are always allowed to pick up more shifts as well.
What would I be doing during my shifts?
As Crew, your main priority is, of course, taking care of the Bikergang. Helping get them set up on bikes, studio tours and giving that warm welcome that makes us unique. Other duties involve doing laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the showers, cleaning the washrooms, and other ‘general cleaning’ duties. It’s a fun atmosphere and definitely a social one at that. Our Crew truly are our family!
What are the expectations of being Crew for YYC Cycle?
We expect that upon application you have a love for Spin! We want to be sure that you love our studio and our vibe before you make a commitment to us, and we make a commitment to you! We ask that all our Crew commit to a minimum six-month period working at least one 4-hour shift/week.
Having a Crew shift should be treated as a regular paying job; Crew are expected to show up on time each week for their shift. If you can’t come in for some reason (illness, out of town) then it’s your responsibility to have it covered and to let your Manager know. Crew are always willing to swap and help you out when you’re in a bind.
Sound fun? Let’s get that application in!
Email all resumes to Morgan Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Key LeaderApply
Job Summary: ...Read More...
We are Not in The Business of Spin Classes…
The Part-Time (3x/week) Key Leader position at YYC Cycle provides a unique opportunity to take on a leadership role in our company, aligning with our company values and morals. Put your problem-solving, communication and multi-tasking skills to use, while providing guidance and support for your Crew, Motivator and fellow Key Leading teams. The Key Leading position allows you to exercise your leadership skills by being the “supervisor on shift”. Our Key Leaders are trusted upon to open/close the studio, keep our team running efficiently and effectively and maintain that our classes run on time. Your warm and inclusive personality allow each of our Bikergang (clientele) to feel welcome as soon as they walk through our doors. You are the “magic behind the curtains!”
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Open and close the studio on time, ensuring that our classes run optimally and in accordance with the schedule
- Supervise and manage our Crew (volunteer staff), ensuring that everyone is working as a team to complete tasks
- Report to Studio Leads and management with day to day shift duties, including the following:
- Checking in Bikergang
- Maintaining Studio Cleanliness standards
- Maintaining Studio maintenance, including bikes
- Maintaining inventory stocking standards
- Solve Bikergang account issues efficiently
- Review and balance cashouts at the end of the shift
- Complete Mindbody transactions
- Ensure that all studio equipment and systems are running efficiently
- Complete all iAuditor reports to maintain optimal cleanliness and maintenance standards
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be First Aid/CPR certified
- Must have spun at the studio/have a previous understanding of our culture
- Must be able to problem solve
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to communicate with team members and management
- Must be available to work weekdays/ nights and weekends
We're looking for passionate Bikergang who want to take the next big leap into becoming Motivators at YYC CYCLE! ...Read More...
ARE YOU THE NEXT YYC CYCLE MOTIVATOR?
We're looking for passionate Bikergang who want to take the next big leap into becoming Motivators at YYC CYCLE!
Here's how it works:
We will be accepting 60 second video applications until June 14th, 2021. Using YouTube or Vimeo, prepare your video application and send the video link with subject Motivator Tryout Video Submission to email@example.com You can make your video private but please provide us with the password if required.
All videos will remain confidential.
Your short video should include the following:
- Introduce yourself and what you do day to day. Tell us a little more about you!
- Tell us what motivates you and lights you up.
- Tell us why you feel like you would be a great Motivator at YYC CYCLE.
- Don’t be afraid to get a little creative!
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Have a love and passion for motivating others.
- Be available to teach at all studios: Marda Loop, University District, Kensington and our upcoming West Springs location (estimated September 2021 open).
- Be available two evenings/week (TBD) for training (starting July 12th through September 12th, 2021) if you are selected for tryouts and invited to our next training group.
Alright, and then what?
After the application deadline on June 14th, we will be reviewing all applications and selecting candidates to come in for a tryout. If you are selected for tryouts, you will receive an email by June 18th, 2021 with all the information you need to come prepared for your tryout! Tryouts will be scheduled for June 25th, 26th, and 27th.
Part-Time Content CoordinatorApply
Are you a visual story-teller, with a keen interest and expertise in photography/videography, researching, and learning? Are you fearless, hard-working, able to manage multiple projects with ease, and eager to exercise your skill within the fitness industry? ...Read More...
R E G I O N A L C O N T E N T C O O R D I N A T O R
Are you a visual story-teller, with a keen interest and expertise in photography/videography, researching, and learning? Are you fearless, hard-working, able to manage multiple projects with ease, and eager to exercise your skill within the fitness industry?
Who are we?
YYC Cycle Spin Studio offers an innovative, dynamic, community-based form of group exercise that challenges the standard of indoor cycling. Our team of Motivators and front of house Crew help foster an inclusive, energetic and positive environment that feels like a second home to anyone who comes through the doors. Our mission is to create a safe and inclusive fitness experience for every body.
YYC Cycle is looking for a part-time Regional Content Coordinator to work alongside the Social Media Intern and report directly to the Head of Marketing and Design to create and maintain brand consistency amongst all photo, video and written social content. The ideal applicant will possess strong communication skills, an eye for capturing engaging content and a deep understanding of visual communication. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing and developing YYC Cycle’s social content across all platforms. Those looking to gain valuable work experience with an established and expanding fitness organization are encouraged to apply.
RESPONSIBILITY + COMMITMENT
PART TIME: 20 HOURS / WEEK
7 hr / Editing and arranging photo and video content
4 hr / Capturing photo + video content
3 hr / Writing copy for company content calendar
2 hr / Writing weekly blog highlights
1-2hr / Researching trends in visual communication within the fitness industry
1 hr / Attend weekly Marketing/Creative Meetings
1 hr / Capture live events and in-studio features
YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO IS . . .
- A creative, out of the box thinker who is passionate about visual storytelling.
- Polished, professional, mature, committed, self-motivated, flexible, and socially engaged.
- Able to receive and give feedback and with poise and maturity.
- Able to work independently, but know to communicate and check-in regularly.
- Able to take initiative, be self-sufficient and able to solve problems effectively.
- Willing and able to commit to a minimum of 2 in-studio content collection days/week.
- Available to attend a weekly Marketing/Creative meeting for the duration of an hour.
- A team player who works well in a collaborative environment.
- Dedicated to researching and absorbing health and wellness industry material, news, blogs, articles, posts, etc. and be able to dissect keywords for effective SEO Marketing.
- Interest in fitness and learning more about a stationary bike.
OUR CANDIDATE MUST . . .
- Be a quality-driven technical videographer and photographer.
- Have a minimum of two years experience in brand photography and videography.
- Access to their own camera and lighting equipment.
- Be a strong, nimble and quality-oriented writer, who can vary his/her style and write engaging copy, blogs and post headlines.
- Live in Calgary full time.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Adobe Suite tools including Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Be highly organized with outstanding attention to detail.
- Be able to work weekends and evenings if necessary.
- Be up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in visual communication.
- Have knowledge in SEO Marketing and keyword development (nice to have).
WHAT WE OFFER
- A flat pay rate paid monthly
- Unlimited complimentary spin classes
- Mentorship from leaders in social media marketing
- Mentorship from leaders in design and creative
- Portfolio development
- An awesome and collaborative work environment
- Flexible schedule
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a digital portfolio along with a cover letter (a must) and your resume to Ashika Thaker at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only respond to relevant candidates.